The S26 Hover Wing Carbon Ultra boards come in 9 sizes from 40ltr up to 140ltr, we've split them in 3 groups, in this group are the dedicated wing foiling sizes 60ltr, 75ltr & 85ltr. The sizes of these three are make them specific to wing foiling for most people, (for most people) they are too small to SUP foil and too to large to prone surf foil. If you're completely new to wing foiling jumping in and making one of these your first board is a brave move, they are high performance and low volume. Starting off on a bigger board is often recommended, like these ones. Once you have mastered the sport or if you're buying your next board, we'd say get the one that has the volume closest to your weight in kg. If you're feeling punchy go less than your weight, but if you'd like the security of getting home if the wind drops go bigger.
What we like...
- The shape is nice, compared to some dedicated wing foiling boards the Hover is much less boxy & ugly.
- Multiple footstrap options make it extremely versatile (sadly Naish do not include the straps, ask us nicely enough though and I'm sure we will)
- Top & bottom carry handles make getting in and out the water much more simple.
- Strength & durability, the boards are light enough to have 100% performance but not so light they just fall apart.
- The price, sure they are not inexpensive but they also are not £1500+
What the brochure says...
3K Carbon/Wood CNC EPS Core Construction
- Lightweight CNC cut EPS core
- High density deck-to-bottom foil track system with carbon reinforcement
- Full 3K carbon deck with wood sandwich and double wood in the stance area
- 3K carbon reinforced wood sandwich bottom
- Kevlar reinforced rails
- Carbon strip bottom stringer
- Diamond diecut EVA pad with micro dot embossing
- Back foot arch support
- Bevelled tail kick area
Footstrap layout options
- Straight back strap & single angled front strap regular or goofy
- Straight back strap & windsurf style 2 angle front straps
- Straight back strap & parallel double strap setup
Features for S26
- Due to their higher volume-to-length ratio and the option to ride with straps, the 40, 50 and 60 liter boards have gained in popularity. Those sizes have been fine-tuned to be used for both Wing-Surfing and surf foiling. The foil track boxes and the tail kick were moved 1.5 inches towards the tail to increase options for lighter riders mounting their foils for surf foiling.
- All models have a decreased nose and tail width. This is more apparent on the smaller sizes up to the 95 and only sightly visible for sizes above 95. The result is reduced swing weight, benefiting its use with the Wing-surfer, especially in windier conditions.
- The foil track positioning has been moved closer to the tail on all sizes. This adjustment is more significant on the smaller sizes than on the bigger sizes.
- The tail kick was moved further back to align with the foil track boxes, lengthening the water line which results in earlier lift off.
- The double concave nose shape was accentuated, softening re-entry when coming off the foil.
|60ltr||4’10”/147.3 cm||221⁄2”/57.2 cm||34⁄5”/9.7 cm|
|75ltr||5’/152.4 cm||24”/61 cm||41⁄5”/10.7 cm|
|85ltr||5’2’’/157.5 cm||26’’/66 cm||43⁄10”/10.9 cm|
Our website is Click & Collect. The stock is live so if it's in stock you can reserve this item and arrange collection in the checkout, payment is made on collection not through the website. Why are we only Click & Collect?
If you can't see the size you're looking for it's possible we can order it in, please feel free to contact us.